Click below to view the school reopening plan.
Follow the link below to request access for graduation photos when ready.
Click the links below to obtain the Covid Release documents.
Claiborne County Attendance Policy
Claiborne County Truancy Intervention Guidelines
Effective July 1, 2018
Tier I Intervention is initiated at 3 unexcused absences and will consist of the following:
- Three day notification letter. The parent/guardian is notified that their student has three (3) unexcused absences. The names of these students are sent to the Director of Schools.
- Conference with student and parent/legal guardian. A conference will be conducted in order to assess reasons why the student has been absent. The conference will include the principal or designee, parent/guardian and the student.
- Intervention contract. The contract will include attendance expectations and penalties for continued absences. The contract is signed by parent/guardian and student and will be valid for the remainder of the current school year.
Tier II Intervention is initiated at 5 unexcused absences and will consist of the following:
- Five day notification letter. The parent/guardian is notified that their student has 5 unexcused absences and is considered truant. The names of these students are sent to the Director of Schools.
- Individual Assessment. An individual assessment made by a school employee to assess reasons the student has been absent.
- Possible referrals for services in the home, such as, but not limited to Family Support Services (FSS).
- Truancy Board Meeting. At 6 or more unexcused absences, the parent/guardian is scheduled for a meeting with Judge Estep’s Truancy Board to address on-going attendance issues.
- Attendance Contract. An attendance contract is signed by the parent/guardian and student, placing the student on one calendar year of attendance probation.
Tier III Intervention is initiated by additional unexcused absences following the Attendance Contract and will consist of the following:
- Notification of violation. The parent/guardian will be notified that the student is in violation of the Attendance Contract and is subject to a petition to Juvenile Court.
- Petition to Juvenile Court. If absences remain unexcused, the child is petitioned to Juvenile Court.
- Juvenile Court. At the judge’s discretion, the parent/guardian may be fined; the student may be placed on probation and assess community service hours; and the family may be referred to the Department of Children Services.
A student who has accumulated ten (10) or more unexcused absences reported in the Student Information System for the current year will be ineligible to attend extracurricular activities including athletics, school dances and the prom.
Any potential, current year graduate who has accumulated ten (10) unexcused absences in the school year will not be allowed to participate in the regular class graduation but will be allowed to take part in the alternative graduation at a later date.
Late Arrival to School and/or Class
Unexcused tardiness for school and/or class may result in the following:
Parents will be notified and
- 5 = One day of ISS
- 10 = Two days of ISS
- 12 = 1 Hour of After School Detention
Click to access TNGearup Claiborne twitter or facebook account. Stay up to date on GEARUP information.