Graduating with Honors:
Students who score at, or above, all the subject area readiness benchmarks on the ACT or equivalent score on the SAT will graduate with honors. Students scoring at the readiness benchmark are 50% likely to attain a B in their first college course in that subject area and have a 75% chance of attaining a C in college.
Graduating with recognition as Honors is determined by the student’s ACT Score using the benchmarks as follows:
Graduating with Distinction:
To graduate as recognition with Distinction, students must have a 3.0 GPA (B Average), plus ONE of the following:
* Participate in Governor’s School
* Participate in a TN All State Musical Organization
* Be a National Merit Finalist or Semi Finalist (Based on PSAT Score)
* Composite Score of 31 on ACT
* Score 3 or higher on two AP Exams
* Earn 12 or more college credits (Dual Enrollment Classes)
* Earn a nationally recognized industry certification
Graduating with Honors and Distinction:
Students may graduate with both Honors and Distinction by meeting the criteria for both.