Students: Here is a set of questions on Civil Liberties. There are numerous websites that you can access to help you find the answers. If you have any questions please let me know. This assignment is due on April 21. Have a nice day.
Define: Due Process Clause, Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause, right of association, libel, slander, shield laws, sedition, prior restraint, picketing
1) Why was there an outcry when the constitution did not originally contain a general listing of the rights of the people?
2) What is the difference between civil rights and civil liberties?
3) summarize: Sheppard v. Maxwell, Gitlow v. New York ( a good paragraph each)
4) What is the Lemon Test?
5) Please explain Separation of Church and State.
6) summarize: Texas v. Johnson 1989
7) What was the Smith Act of 1940?
8) summarize: Yates v. United States 1957, Schwimmer v. United States 1929
1. Identify what the President’s job description is. How many different roles does he have?
2. What are the formal qualifications to be president?
3. How long is a presidential term? How many years can a president serve?
4.What is the order of presidential succession?
5. Please summarize the 25th amendment.
6.What is the role of the vice President?
7.What is the electoral college?
8. What are the flaws of the electoral college?
9. What did the 12th amendment do?
10.What is the role of presidential primaries?
11. Summarize: Nixon v. Fitzgerald
12. How are you doing?