The 2014-2015 academic calendar has been revised to include March 30 through April 2 as regular school days. These are make-up days due to inclement weather. Spring Break/Good Friday will be observed on Friday, April 3, 2015.
Check out Claiborne County’s school activities and holidays with the 2014-2015 School Calendar.
Parents, you make a difference in your children’s education. Get involved in their learning by attending Ellen Myers’ PTO meetings to find out about fundraisers and parent-led activities.
Here is a list of upcoming Ellen Myers events:
- May 4 – 7: TCAP/Achievement Test
3rd and 4th Grade
- May 5 - Teacher Appreciation Day (Thank a Teacher)
- May 6 - 1st Grade Field Trip (The Bounce House)
- May 11-14: Social Studies online Field Test
3rd and 4th Grade only
- May 11: KDG Field trip to Chuck E Cheese
- May 12: Kindergarten Program 6:00 PM
- May 13: Special Olympics
- May 13: Second Grade Field Trip
- May 14: Last day of Afterschool Program
- May 14: Pre-K Graduation @ 6:00 PM
- May 14: FIELD DAY Pre-K/Kindergarten
10:00AM – 12:00PM
- May 15: FIELD DAY
1st Grade – 10 – 12:00
2nd Grade – 12:00 – 2:00
- May 15: PRE-K and Kindergarten Registration
- May 18: FIELD DAY
3rd Grade: 10:00AM – 12:00
4th Grade: 12:00
- May 20: Students Last Full Day
- May 21: 4th Grade Awards/Dance 6:30 – 8:30PM
- May 21: No students/Teachers’ Recording Day
- May 22: 1/2 Day Pick up Grade cards- Grade cards can be mailed for $2.00. If a student owes any outstanding picture money, library books, textbooks, etc. grade cards cannot be released.
Thank you for your support this year. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!
Find out what’s for breakfast and lunch in Ellen Myers’ cafeteria:
We are pleased to announce that Claiborne County Schools will be implementing a new option available to schools in Tennessee that participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. It is called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and will begin in 2014-2015. In a CEP school, all students receive a nutritious breakfast and lunch at no cost, regardless of family income.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.