Forge Ridge School
160 Hill Road
Harrogate, TN 37752
Fax: (423) 869-4977
It is the policy of the Claiborne County School system not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex , national origin, age or disability in its education programs or employment policies as required by Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act of 1973, Title IX (1972 Educational Amendments), section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX, Section 504 or the Americans with Disabilities ACT should be directed to Dorothy Shuford, 504 Coordinator, Claiborne County Board of Education, 1403 Tazewell Road, Tazewell, TN 37879 phone 423/626/7979 or to the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C.
The mission of Forge Ridge School is to enable students academically to be productive, responsible citizens.
The vision of Forge Ridge School is to provide all students an educational foundation for a lifetime of learning to realize their fullest potential. FRS’ vision also includes the desire to be recognized as an academically successful school, educating the whole child.
Forge Ridge School Beliefs:
1. All children have the potential to learn.
2. Students must demonstrate responsibility by being actively engaged in the learning process.
3. Students learn best when exposed to a varity of scientifically research based instructional strategies.
4. Since students learn in different ways, instructional assessments and strategies that accommodate learning differences must be implemented.
5. Schools should provide a safe, healthy, caring environment for learning.
6. The shared responsibility of decision making regarding school policies must reflect the best interest of FRS students, staff, and community.
7. Parents, community, and school personnel, communicating and working together with students, will increase learning.
8. Schools should be for the benefit of the children.