Powell Valley Elementary School’s Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Powell Valley Elementary School counseling program is to provide high quality, comprehensive school counseling services with equal access to all students. Our programs are designed to empower all students to develop and enhance their academic, career, social, and personal strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens.
The Powell Valley School counselor is committed to following these belief statements:
- All students have dignity and worth
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students’ gender, ethnic, cultural, and racial differences as well as any special needs of the student are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
- Empowering all students to achieve their highest potential.
The school counseling program
- Shall be planned and coordinated by the school counselor.
- Shall allow all students to have access to a school counselor to discuss personal issues.
- Shall provide all students and parents assistance in educational planning.
- Shall provide all students and parents with access to information about occupations in the upcoming workforce.
- Shall allow all students assistance in identifying their needs in the personal/ social domain.
- Shall be consistent with expected developmental stages of learning.
- Shall utilize the many combined resources of the community.
- Shall be based on professional mandates and guidelines proposed by the National School Counselor Association.
The school counselors
- Shall abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Shall participate in professional development activities essential to maintaining a quality school counseling program.
- Planning and delivering a comprehensive school counseling program that aligns with the ACSA National Model
Powell Valley Elementary School’s Counseling Vision Statement
The vision of the Powell Valley Elementary School comprehensive school counseling program is that all students realize their true worth and value and are contributing, productive students and citizens. The students will demonstrate mastery of the critical academic, career, and social and emotional skills necessary for success.
Powell Valley Elementary School’s Counseling Philosophy Statement
- School Counseling Program adheres to the philosophy that all people can learn and grow physically, intellectually, emotionally, and in social and moral responsibility
- The school counseling program serves as a resource to support academic achievement and is an integral link between students, families, school, and community.
- The school counselor advocates for and delivers a comprehensive, developmental counseling program.
- The school counselor advocates for students to learn in a safe, supportive, and encouraging environment surrounded by caring adults.
- The school counselor works collaboratively with others to support the mental health needs of students.
- The school counseling program supports the academic mission of Powell Valley Elementary School.
VISION – To prepare students to become successful and responsible citizens.
BELIEF – Relationships and attitude matter
MISSION – To connect students to their futures.
GOALS – To remove obstacles. To prepare students with skills necessary for success as 21st-century citizens.